PDA

View Full Version : what do you feed your chinese?

luvcats22
04-10-2011, 12:17 AM
i currently use a mixture of harry hamster and a specific dwarf hamster food but it seems like a lot of large pieces (from the harry hamster) gets left.
so im wondering what do you all feed yours?
thanks. x

fluffymunchkins
04-10-2011, 11:27 AM
I haven't found Barcardi has any problems with the big pieces in Harry hamster. But i do find he appreciates his small seeds :)

I use harry hamstermixed with
Science selective pellets
Pearl barley
Porridge oats
Lentils (red and green)
Trill budgie seed (millet and canary seeds)

It goes down really well :D

Amelia66
04-10-2011, 11:41 AM
mine had p@h hamster food, but i don't like it and he didn't seem to eat it :/ just switched him/in the process of switching him to burgess supahamster dwarf hamster harvest .... he no longer wants to eat the other stuff lol. Its nice, all small pieces for little dwarf mouths.

luvcats22
04-10-2011, 11:51 PM
i have been bashing up some of the big bits, but they do seem to prefer the tiny seeds.
seems like im not doing too bad a job as they both are growing well, little billy is turning out to be a gorgeous friendly chappy, and charlie although very nervous and scared will come out to eat in front of me!!
thanks for the replies.

Vectis Hamstery
04-11-2011, 03:05 AM
I use harry hamster with linseed, budgie seed, oatmeal, mealworms and dry kitten food. I like Harry as it doesn't contain added sugars (molasses/syrups) or dried fruits unlike some other food mixes. I avoid high sugar content foods to try and reduce the risk of my chinese hams developing diabetes.

Mine tend to leave the alfalfa pellets but eat everything else. I feed every other day as I found they were eating only the yummiest bits and not all the healthy bits. The dog biscuit chunks are good for them to nibble on and wear their teeth down.