PDA

View Full Version : Yellow teeth!

Theador_and_Me
03-22-2007, 04:45 AM
hi,
I just realized my hamster Theador has yellow teeth is that normal or is there something to clean them with or something........Not too sure

souffle
03-22-2007, 06:01 AM
This is perfectly normal and hamsters teeth do not need cleaning. They sometimes become more yellowy orange as the hamsters gets older but it is perfectly normal. Some are born with very yellow teeth :lol:

babyboos
03-22-2007, 05:11 PM
you shouldn't worry as this is perfectly normal you can help their teeth stay strong and healthy with brocolli and calcium enriched dog biscuits

Jill Bayles
03-28-2007, 01:37 PM
Hammy's teeth seem very long...he only has two at the top and two at the bottom...will they need checking yet, bearing in mind he's just 4 months old? He doesn't seem to spend much time gnawing even though he has things to gnaw on in his cage :( :wink:

souffle
03-29-2007, 12:34 AM
I should imagine they are fine Jill. They can sometimes look longer than you imagine they would be but hammy teeth are quite large really. They dont normally need clipped unless there is a problem. I will check them at the next show for you :lol:

Holly
03-29-2007, 03:04 AM
I have the opposite - Treacle's top teeth seem shorter than the other hammies - they are both the same length so I think it's unlikely he's broken them - or is it? He seems to be eating normally and I've never seen him bar chewing.

Jill Bayles
03-29-2007, 11:44 AM
I should imagine they are fine Jill. They can sometimes look longer than you imagine they would be but hammy teeth are quite large really. They dont normally need clipped unless there is a problem. I will check them at the next show for you :lol:

Marvellous...one thing less for me to worry about :wink: :lol:

Emms
03-29-2007, 01:24 PM
Yellowy/Orangey teeth are very common in all rodents, the only exception is guinea pigs :)

Minicooper
03-31-2007, 10:05 AM
Yellow teeth are normal. Nothing to worry about. I have heard a rumour that there is a type of toothpaste specially designed for hamsters to help their teeth stay strong.

lol only joking.

babyboos
03-31-2007, 04:20 PM
probably more likely to be a complete rip off
If you want to clean your hamsters teeth get them a dog biscuit