PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Maddy and Meeka!

maddybee
02-25-2011, 09:39 PM
Hello!
Just thought i would introduce myself and my beautiful boy Meeka.
Im 21 nearly 22 in like 4 days. I have a beautiful old rescue persian cat called Omar and lots of guppies (a type of tropical fish) which i breed.

Anyway enough about boring old me and onto the little guy...
I got him 3 weeks ago and he is dark grey with light long haired tufts (sorry i dont know the technical name).
I got him from P@H along with a Mini Duna, which i have since upgraded to a Criceti 15- if it ever arrives (grr i hate parcel force)

I hope to take some pics of my little friend soon so you can all see him.
I am still in the process of taming him. He is not agressive but just not very confident with being held and also a little fast at the moment.

To start taming him i gave him treats by hand and now he sees my hand as a feeding machine and if i open it to show him i have nothing he thinks if he chews on it like his toys somthing will be inside! Its no proper biting but still is not pleasent as if i dont move away he chews harder and harder to try and find food. Anyone have any tips on this?

I have been stalking:twisted::) this forum for a while now and have already been on the floor with laughter and sobbing with tears. Anyway i look forward to getting to know you all:)

samincittagazze
02-26-2011, 02:41 AM
Welcome! Are you washing you hands in between giving him treats and trying to handle him? It might be he can smell the food on your hands. Try washing them and then rubbing your hands in his bedding, so you don't smell like 'the feeding machine' :D

Iluvhamsters
02-26-2011, 03:57 AM
Hi and welcome :) The other thing you could try is blowing in his face and tell him NO.

fluffymunchkins
02-26-2011, 05:05 AM
welcome :D
Glad you've already experienced the joys of HC ;)

Congrats on your new addition, my first was a dark grey syrian too :)

wofunny
02-26-2011, 05:18 AM
Welcome to the community! :D

Hope you continue to enjoy it here. x

princess-rhi89
02-26-2011, 05:21 AM
Awww welcome to the forum sweety, glad you've already had a nosey around, looking forward to seeing some pics :) xxx

SnickersTheFirst
02-26-2011, 06:49 AM
Hello and welcome to HC. :D Can't wait for the pics. :)

Gillzy
02-26-2011, 08:33 AM
Hi and welcome from me too! :)

Jesse
02-26-2011, 10:25 AM
Welcome from me and mine ;)

maddybee
02-26-2011, 10:56 AM
ah thank you all so much for being really welcoming! Thanks for the advice to i will be giving them all a go tonight along with taking some pics:)

MandyP
02-26-2011, 02:44 PM
Hi and Welcome x

mangoandmimi
02-26-2011, 04:39 PM
Hey, welcome :D
Happy birthday for in a few days! ;)xx

fsrv
02-26-2011, 09:24 PM
Hello and welcome!