PDA

View Full Version : Custard's Race Training - watch out Sonni!!!!!!!

Holly
02-14-2007, 03:18 PM
:D

Will and his friend Joshua have spent the evening making a race *test track* for our hammies and putting them through their paces :wink:

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o209/Holly_Day/IMG_4310.jpg

Both Treacle and Custard shot straight through to grab the treat they knew would be waiting at the end, I'm not sure who was fastest but Tinsel (*holiday ham*) didn't know what to do and took ages....Mocha will go tomorrow morning (I won't hold my breath for a fast time!).

Soooooo...watch out Sonni :P

SnuggleHam
02-14-2007, 04:03 PM
Heh, thats really cute Holly, it brings me back to the old days when I had my first hamster teddy, I went tube crazy with her cage, I would spend hours fixing her cage up to be just the way I wanted. For my birthday and Christmas I would only ask for more hamster cage add ons lol.

Hana
02-15-2007, 10:36 AM
That looks really good, I used to do that kind of thing with my first hammy! :)

Holly
02-15-2007, 12:26 PM
Thanks you two, Treacle and Custard are in training for the hamster racing at Lymm on 11th March (Mocha, as expected, will NOT be entering as he found sniffing the tubes more interesting :P ). We are going for a repeat performance with a slight change of track during playtime tonight :)

Hana
02-15-2007, 02:08 PM
Aww good luck! :)

souffle
02-15-2007, 02:37 PM
Oh no Sonni is worried now :lol: :lol: . No she is a sport and will be happy to see the other hammies there. Her trick will be to go in before the boys and leave a really whiffy girly scent in there which they will stop to smell :lol: :lol: :twisted:

Holly
02-15-2007, 02:42 PM
Her trick will be to go in before the boys and leave a really whiffy girly scent in there which they will stop to smell :lol: :lol: :twisted:

Eek!!! :shock: :P

I'd better start brainwashing them now that lady hammies are nothing but TROUBLE but I have a feeling they are both going to be very easily distracted on the day so Sonni probably doesn't have anything to worry about :wink:

babyboos
02-15-2007, 04:36 PM
brilliant tunnel guys

Jill Bayles
02-19-2007, 04:51 AM
Great stuff...now I'll have to get some tubes like these and have a go with Aidan...great fun!

babyboos
02-19-2007, 05:52 PM
not to be a party pooper but Jill if you can get ventilated tubes it would be far better, these tubes also really are not wide enough for a fully grown Syrian, especially one from a good breeder (generally larger in girth than a petshop bought Syrian). Ferplast do perfect dimenion, ventilated tubes which split in half lenghtways for easy cleaning.

Jill Bayles
02-23-2007, 04:20 AM
Any ideas where to buy these tubes from? I'm not having much look in searching for them and the ones I've seen are rather expensive...think they were Ferre Trail ones.

Many thanks.

souffle
02-23-2007, 04:29 AM
For just a bit of fun Jill you could make your own tube runs out of cardboard or plastic film and tape with holes punched in them. Make the sections not too long so that if he decides to stop in one it is easy to detach and then get him out. Use strips of velcro to hold the sections together. A nice crafty idea for the weekend. :lol: We use the big card rolls out of christmas paper which are nice and wide and plastic film from clear file folders as long as it is strong. You can make wire mesh sections too.

Jill Bayles
02-23-2007, 07:01 AM
For just a bit of fun Jill you could make your own tube runs out of cardboard or plastic film and tape with holes punched in them. Make the sections not too long so that if he decides to stop in one it is easy to detach and then get him out. Use strips of velcro to hold the sections together. A nice crafty idea for the weekend. :lol: We use the big card rolls out of christmas paper which are nice and wide and plastic film from clear file folders as long as it is strong. You can make wire mesh sections too.

This will be fun! I'll have to have a scout about and see what I can find...that's this weekend sorted!

Jill Bayles
02-24-2007, 08:45 PM
We got hold of some cheap cardboard tubes today that are big enough for Hammy. Now someone I know who used to have hamsters has mentioned plastic guttering and elbows for turns.

Any good? Sounds cracking to me... :wink:

babyboos
02-25-2007, 03:20 PM
If you contact the Ferplast company direct they do have a UK office they will tell you your local supplier I have even been able to buy some from them before but they do prefer not to deal direct withthe public I believe.