PDA

View Full Version : Will he be misreble

Jayne R
02-15-2011, 09:20 AM
Hiya I've been offered a Dwarf hamster which attacked and then killed it's litter mate. At leaste they were both from the same cage at the shop so might not be litter mates.

I was thinking of getting three or four Dwarfs but am considereing this hamster instead. I was just wondering if he'll be misreble as a lone hamster. I got two dwarfs years ago and one needed to but put to sleep as was ill when I got them and the one left was quite a sad hamster, I think.

I plan on giving him one hours attention every night and allow him out for three hours to roam free round the bedroom. Will he be satified with that?

I had a Syrian hamster last and just left her cage open all night, she'd just run round room, hording her food about and climbing everywhere and be back in her bed by dawn. She seemed happy enough. I'm hoping he'll be similar to her.

Hope
02-15-2011, 09:46 AM
No he wont be miserable. Both of my drawfs are rescues for the same reason. They fought with their cage mates so had to be seperated. They are perfectly happy on their own, and in fact I think prefer having their own space.

samincittagazze
02-15-2011, 12:13 PM
I had to separate one of my dwarfs from her sisters last week and she seems to be doing fine. She likes lots of attention though, but that's fine by me!

Katty_Sheldon
02-15-2011, 05:21 PM
I think some hamsters are simply happier when they have the whole cage for themselves, and he might be one of them. I always had only one dwarf hamster and they were perfectly happy and fine.

Camdenita
02-16-2011, 01:12 AM
I separated my hamsters [because they turned out to be boy & girl instead of two girls, as I thought when I got them, and I wouldn't like to have baby hams since they are brother and sister] and they are very happy on their own!
I actually think they are ever happier now!
You don't have to worry! ;)

Jayne R
02-16-2011, 10:33 AM
Thanks for all the comments. I don't know much about drawfs. Decided to take him on, he problably wont be anything like the other two, they wasn't well cared for. Your hamster sound so cute.