PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone going to Great Barr 3rd March? Or Lymm 17th March?

Holly
02-04-2007, 04:27 AM
Just wondered if anyone from here will be there? I wasn't sure I could make it but have had to swap shifts at work anyway due to childcare issues so it seems we now can go :)

It will be our first show (my nine year old and me) so it would be lovely to meet up with someone we know at some point. We are probably bringing at least one hammy for the pet class - my son is keen but nervous :wink:

I also wondered if any breeders will be there with baby Syrians available as we are, tentatively, thinking about evening up our numbers with a fourth (preferably female) hamster? I'm on the lookout for a suitable cage now just in case!

souffle
02-04-2007, 04:40 AM
We wont be there but I would imagine that there will be some of the breeders there and there are usually some for sale. You could always PM some people from the clubs and ask if they will be there and have any hammies for sale.

Holly
02-04-2007, 04:47 AM
Shame you and Pophammy won't be there, Souffle - we were hoping you might be and looking forward to meeeting you :(

I think I'll do as you suggest - I'll try emailing the MHC first to see if they are aware of anyone with litters who will be there. I'll also ask them about breeders in this area as well :)

<edit> email sent, keeping fingers crossed!

Jill Bayles
02-04-2007, 07:11 AM
Where is this show? Aidan and me may pay it a visit. It would be nice to meet up with you. We're usually raking the roads at weekends anyway :D

SnuggleHam
02-04-2007, 07:12 AM
I'm so left out! :cry: *crys and huggles a ham*

Intense125
02-04-2007, 08:51 AM
I'm with you Snuggleham--wish we had some shows in the USA!!

Please post pics of the show for those of us who can't be there!!

Holly
02-04-2007, 09:09 AM
I can't believe there aren't any hamster shows in the USA - although thinking about it I suppose it's not that there aren't any but that they are too far away in such a huge country???

Where is this show? Aidan and me may pay it a visit. It would be nice to meet up with you. We're usually raking the roads at weekends anyway :D

It's near Birmingham, Jill - hope you can make it, Will and Aiden would have fun together, I'm sure :)

Rach
02-04-2007, 09:19 AM
I'm sure there are hamster shows in the US somewhere, but they'll follow the BHA guidelines. I wish I could go to the show, but my Mum would never agree to drive me all that way!

Holly
02-04-2007, 09:16 PM
I have just spotted that there is also a show on 11th March that we might be able to make it to - Lymm in Cheshire. Is anyone going to be there? With or without baby Syrians? :)

souffle
02-05-2007, 04:54 AM
We will be there Holly and there will be hamster racing so bring your speedy wheel runner to enter that. We really only go to the Northern shows as they are near us. Jill I expect Cathy will be there so you could bring Hammy! I can give you a contact who has some lovely Syrians and you could contact her. She is likely to have babies.

Holly
02-05-2007, 07:43 AM
We will be there Holly and there will be hamster racing so bring your speedy wheel runner to enter that.

Excellent! We'll definitely be there then - I'm on a weeks holiday so it's more convenient for us anyway and Will loves the sound of hamster racing (I expect Custard will as well :wink: ). Will is home with a tummy bug and the thought of hamster racing with Custard has just cheered him up no end! How does it work then? Do they race in balls, on wheels or what????

I can give you a contact who has some lovely Syrians and you could contact her. She is likely to have babies.

That would be fantastic! Although there's a very slight possibility we might breed from our next hamster that's a secondary consideration really - what we are looking for is a lovely friendly and cute hamster (kind of like what we already have, so I could just get another one from where our three come from!) except female and with a known genetic history - just in case :wink:

I've had a reply from the MHC re Great Barr (from the Hamsterlopaedia man, no less 8) )...he doesn't know of any litters that will be there for sure though he says it's likely there will be some and there will be several breeders there to talk to.

We'll probably still go just to see what goes on but if we already know your breeder will be at Lymm then we won't be looking for babies.

Thanks again Souffle (I should maybe make that my signature to save writing it all the time :D )

souffle
02-05-2007, 12:32 PM
The hamster racing is shown here Holly
http://www.hamstercentral.com/forum/vie ... f9e77e11bd (http://www.hamstercentral.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=12089&sid=a83ceedc4ef9580344f4d2f9e77e11bd)

It is done through tubes in relays.

I have PMd you about the breeder. I am becoming 'hamster blind date' I think!!! :lol:

Holly
02-05-2007, 02:35 PM
The racing looks like fun! 8) ...we will be there for sure.

I have emailed your breeder so keep your fingers crossed for us and thank you - perhaps we should just call you Cilla from now on :P

Jill Bayles
02-08-2007, 02:48 PM
I don't think we'll make the show near Birmingham but the one at Lymm is definitely on the cards as one of my friends lives just down the road and we may well combine it with a visit there.

I think there's a show this weekend in/near Barnsley and we may well go to that one as it's not too far from home.

The hamster racing does look great BTW :wink: :lol:

Jill Bayles
02-08-2007, 03:00 PM
Oops, I think the show in South Yorkshire is the weekend after next and I can't make that as I've got a girlie night out on the Saturday night and I haven't been out since before Christmas so can't miss that :lol: :wink:

souffle
02-09-2007, 08:46 AM
That one on the 17th at Mapplewell is the AGM so there will be no hamster racing there folks just in case you were going for that.