PDA

View Full Version : First time for everything!!!

PinkPrincess
01-27-2011, 02:45 PM
Honey is very tame in the sense that she will climb onto your hand if you put it in her cage but she never sits still when you hold her, she is always running about all over the place and climbing all over you. Tonight I took her out and sat with her and for the very first time she was totally content to just sit there and let me stroke her. The she washed herself, had a bit of a stretch and got comfy and she ended up sat on my knee for around 30 minutes! Do you think she is becoming more used to me or she was just tired and couldn't be bothered running around??

Marica
01-27-2011, 02:57 PM
sounds like she is very content :D my hamster has started to do this also, he had always been a scared figity sort of ham and never stopped running and is starting to enjoy sitting in my hands :)
stretching is a sign that hamsters are at ease and are relaxed..so well done :D

anorak
01-27-2011, 04:13 PM
I wish Noodles would do this! She has her minutes of wanting attention and to be stroked and then she is off again. She does however clean herself on me and also have a bit of food on me too. In fact I have just put her back after she sat on my arm eating chicken and cleaning herself!

Hannah
01-27-2011, 04:53 PM
My hamster did this too. Last weekend I had her out for a cuddle on the sofa and usually she will explore but she came over and snuggled up with me for a little while. I was so pleased. :)

Gillzy
01-27-2011, 05:22 PM
So jealous of you all! Can't wait for Sen to stop running about, but she's still young. You're lucky folks. Closest I get to her sitting still is what I just posted a video of in the video thread! (Video Thread! - Sen the Statue (http://www.hamstercentral.com/community/hamster-chat/7747-video-thread-11.html#post156748))

girlinabox
01-28-2011, 05:01 AM
That is so cute, I was about to start a thread about the same thing! I've had Herman since Xmas and since he has been 'tamed' he has never really sat still, always trying to run away but twice this week when I've put him on my shoulder he has sat there all content and just let me stroke, cuddle and kiss him. It has made me so happy!!! :-D