PDA

View Full Version : My hammies' cages (with some DIY ideas!)

Camdenita
01-21-2011, 09:01 AM
These are my hamsters' cages!

They used to live together in the Savic Peggy cage but then I found out Yangadoo is a boy so I had to separate them.
Evlampia (girl) lives in the Mini Duna cage and Yangadoo lives in the Savic Peggy cage. ( u can see them in some of the pics! :D)

I haven't finished putting the Mini Duna's mesh, that's why it looks so bad!
The first picture is without the second floor so u can see what's underneath.

In the Savic cage I've put these plastic locker things (I don't know the english word for this!) to minimize the distance between some bars that I think Evlampia had escaped from.

Also u can see the wire I put on both doors to prevent him from escaping.
I've made a third floor from a plastic boxe's lid. To connect it to the cage I used two plastic stands (green things underneath the lid) which are used in birds' cages,for the birds to sit on them, and these plastic locker things again (very usefull little things!).

Next to the third floor there is a birds' bath with bedding inside. I put it there so Yangadoo can step on it to get to the third floor.
He used to have his nest there but the last month it's a bit (!) cold in Greece so he went back to his warm wooden house again!

I've made a hammock for him from fleece fabric and safety pins.

His toilette is in the corner of the cage, opposite his house (u can't see it in the pics). I've put sand in it hoping that he'll understand that this sand box is for pee and the sand bowl on the second floor is for bath. But he'll probably do both in both of them! :-k

Yangadoo's cage has more things in it, cause it's so easy to attach anything in a wire cage.
Do u think I could put something extra in The Mini Duna to make it more interesting? But not something very high cause Eulampia is a little escaper and I don't want her to reach the wire in the cage!

I'll upload 5 pics of the first cage here and 5 of the other one in the next post. :)

Camdenita
01-21-2011, 09:15 AM
And the second one!
I'll be glad to know what u think of them! :)

Sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes I might have made! 8-[
(Me- greek- girl! He he!)

KutButLykee
01-21-2011, 11:58 AM
Wow, you have awsome cages! I love the idea you had with the bird bath! Thats a great idea :D Yes, I think your cages are pretty much fine as far as hamster cages go, they have everything they need. And seem very spoilt:D Good job!:) x

Iluvhamsters
01-21-2011, 12:39 PM
Those cages look great :) We call those plastic locker things, Cable Ties :)

Camdenita
01-22-2011, 07:09 AM
Aha! Cable ties! Thank you!!!

RachK
01-22-2011, 09:03 AM
I love your set ups they are fantastic. Beautiful little hamsters too. I especially love the picture of Evlampia buried in the shavings with her little face popping out. :)

Hannah
01-22-2011, 09:29 AM
These are great cages. You have some very lucky hamsters. XxX

Camdenita
01-22-2011, 12:07 PM
Hehe! Evlampia is a sweet little lady!! :)

PinkPrincess
01-22-2011, 02:21 PM
Fab set ups, bet you have a couple of happy hammies :)

Feliza
01-23-2011, 02:40 AM
I like how there's a clear plastic cover for the first cage ^^ makes it easier for you to see them. Very cute.