PDA

View Full Version : I've been thinking about getting two lilac blue females

01-10-2007, 07:02 AM
I've been thinking about getting two lilac blue molted females
is this a good choice what do you guys think is sweeter a male or a female? and will they live to gether if I scatter feed and have 2 wheels and all of the other precautions will they ussally live together in harmony?

SnuggleHam
01-10-2007, 07:48 AM
I don't feel that the gender makes a difference. I think its all individual personality in the hamsters. Plus genetics might play a role in their behavior I'm sure.

Providing paired dwarf hamsters with two of everything is said to help prevent squabbles. I think the biggest help is scatter feeding to prevent fighting over the food source, as well as an extra wheel. These are just measures that can help, they don't guarantee success. If you plan on finding a pair of campbells make sure you have an extra cage on hand as well as extra accessories encase they need to be separated.

It really comes down to the personality of the individual hamster. Sometimes no matter what precautions we take, you cant stop squabbling. So just be prepared! :D

souffle
01-10-2007, 12:15 PM
It really does not make any difference with the sex though in Syrians I find the males to have a sweeter, more laid back nature. As Snuggleham said you cannot guarantee they will live together, you can only try and make the living conditions as favourable as possible and hope for the best.
Whatever you do don't get a pair (male & female) of mottled Cambells. This is a pairing to avoid as it can produce eyeless whites.

babyboos
01-10-2007, 04:07 PM
be sure to have the sex right definitely