PDA

View Full Version : Damp Bottom, but not dirty or smelly

anorak
11-14-2010, 01:22 PM
I noticed today that Noodles has a damp bum. It is not dirty or smelly (just smells a bit like pee). She is doing all her normal stuff and her poop seems fine. She is cleaning herself and eating and drinking and playing in her wheel. I have heard so much about wet tail....

Can hamsters sometimes just sit in their pee? Again she does not smell as I had a good sniff of her bum (she didn't like that!!!)

Thanks.

mrnibblesmommy
11-14-2010, 01:24 PM
they can def. pee on themselves and sit in their pee, too. nibbles fell asleep in his wheel the other night and when i woke him up he'd peed all over himself...the top of his tail his fur was all hard, and under his tail was soaked with pee...it didn't smell weird and he was totally fine, i think he'd just peed and then slept in it.ick. :) i would not worry! just keep a good eye on noodles...so you'll notice if she suddenly stops eating/drinking.

anorak
11-14-2010, 01:27 PM
Thank you! I keep sniffing her bum. I think she thinks I am mad!!! Silly hamsters weeing on themselves!!!

mrnibblesmommy
11-14-2010, 02:12 PM
LOL dont feel weird :) i do that too, i worry a lot about wet tail as well!!

gellerbing
11-14-2010, 02:42 PM
i worry all the time about wet tail so its perfectly normal to worry :)

anorak
11-14-2010, 03:45 PM
Thanks again guys for the advice! I am a first timer with Hammies so I am paranoid about everything. If I could I would watch her sleep all day!!!