PDA

View Full Version : Animals Medical Problems

Thames Valley Rodents
10-11-2006, 06:34 AM
ok.. some of you know, some of you dont...
im setting up a website that will be an online encycoopaedia for small furries and i am including a medical page.
this page is not for self diagnosis but is to help owners under stand what to look out for and what could happen to thier pets if they dont get to a vet double quick.

so....

do any of you have any photos or hamsters or other rodents that have some sort of ailment? e.g. a tumour/abcess/fungal infection/mites.. that kind of thing.
im also looking for pics of fight wounds.

i know this is a bit of a grim thing to ask of you all but i think it could be really useful!

you and your invalid will get full credit for the picture on the site unles of course you wish to remain annonymous

Kat

suga
10-11-2006, 07:07 AM
Hi - this is such a good idea. I know that self diagnosis isn't always the best thing, but when you are struggling to get an appointment at the vet - having somewhere to get an idea of what is happening to our furry family members is very useful.
My lovely Conker had fur loss, vet said due to hormonal imbalance. I do have some before flicks and can get new flicks of her - (with her fur growing back!!!). is this the sort of thing you mean?

Minicooper
10-12-2006, 03:30 AM
Hammis doesnt have anything like that, but she has a small bald patch on her.

Thames Valley Rodents
10-12-2006, 03:59 AM
thats exactly the sort of thing i mean!
the thing i am particularly looking for is photos of fight wounds so that people can see what couldhappen if they keep two syrians together/dont introduce animals properly/dont keep an eye out for dominace behaviour etc
it dont mind what species ..so long as its a rodent.

tumours are another thing im looking for. i feel really bad asking people for pics of thier ill or dying pets but i think that its important that people know what they are looking for.

Kat

suga
10-12-2006, 04:34 AM
Kat
I will email some flicks to you on the weekend at some point.... you can use if any good or ditch....

Thames Valley Rodents
10-12-2006, 04:44 AM
cheers Suga,
as for every one you will be credited on the site unless you wish other wise.
thanks for your help!!

Kat

Minicooper
10-12-2006, 05:34 AM
I will try and get some pictures of hammis for you but my camera seems to be playing up lately. I was going to buy a brand new one but I spent my money on a electric guitar and preordered a ps2 game (The sims 2 pets).

Thames Valley Rodents
10-12-2006, 07:56 AM
thankyou minicooper.
your all extremely helpful!

Kat