PDA

View Full Version : Need Help.........Hammis Teeth

Minicooper
09-30-2006, 07:34 AM
I need help, I dont no if hammis teeth are two long??? Does anyone have any infomation websites about teeth two long??

Thanks

She is 11 months old now

souffle
09-30-2006, 12:34 PM
It is not very likely that her teeth are too long minicooper. She would probably show some signs such as having difficulty eating and drooling. In all my years of keeping hamsters I have never had any teeth problems. Sometimes they can look long to you but hammies teeth are quite long with them being rodents. Does she chew on chew sticks and such like? is she losing weight or drooling? If you are really concerned or she seems to be having trouble eating you will need to have either an experienced breeder or a vet check her. You should not attempt to clip the teeth yourself as you need to be taught how to do this. Vets often will not clip teeth for fear of shattering them and will use a dental saw type drill to cut them but this is only if there is a problem.

Minicooper
09-30-2006, 12:42 PM
she gnaws at the bars sometimes and I have brought her some wood gnaws. I will get her some brand new ones first thing monday.