PDA

View Full Version : Don't know why

Womblehands
10-23-2010, 04:59 PM
I don't know why but i got very emotional this morning and was sobbing over Poppet, and tears were huge like when she left us. It's been about three weeks since she died but i'm still getting upset. She was only 20 mnths and I just keep thinking i could have done something to make her stay.. Then this evening I held Peanut for some time and he must have been sleepy i guess as he melted into my hands and was super still like he was thinking of something.. do other hammies do this? this worried me then as he looked poorly with his ears down and the fact he was still ( never happens!!!) I hope he's ok, i put him down on my Bf lap and he was running up and down his arm then like a looney... My partner took a pic of him melting in my hands...So my question is if other hammies have mind freezes?

http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z472/womblehands/Photo_0191.jpg

Mango
10-24-2010, 12:34 AM
Hi Womblehands

It's so sad when one loses a pet isn't it?:(

My hamster Sammy often stands very still and stares. He can be really active in his cage one minute and the next he's completely still. I don't know why:confused:

shazzy
10-24-2010, 12:44 AM
I had a moment like that yesterday over Little Mo - and she's been gone 4 months now. I do sometimes have a little sad moment over little pets long gone too - I dont think it ever leaves you but it gets easier.

As for standing still and staring, Daisy did this yesterday too!! she stood there and let me stroke her for such a long time - But I know she was staing at Dan on the sofa who was laughing at something, it freaked her out!

Bethaniee
10-24-2010, 01:01 AM
My last hamster, Benji used to do that quite often, but in his cage. One minute he'd be running around and playing and the next minute he'd stand completely still staring into space. It would be interesting to know why they do it though

Katty_Sheldon
10-24-2010, 04:05 AM
Yes my hamster stops to think also, but rarely. My first hamster used to stay still when i stroked him behind ears, and this one did that also two times. Dont worry. Im sorry for your loss...im still sad because of my first hamster and it has been over 6 months...

princess-rhi89
10-24-2010, 05:00 AM
I think it is a type of defence mechanism, in the wild they would freeze to avoid preditors, maybe they have seen/heard something and are stopping to just make sure they are not spotted, Maisie does this too.
Hope that you are bearing up Im sure poppet is fine and happy at the bridge.
Poppets photo makes me smile everytime I log in, such a wonderful hammy xxxx

Womblehands
10-24-2010, 06:50 AM
Peanut has no ears in that photo.. i just noticed..