PDA

View Full Version : A little worried...

anorak
10-20-2010, 02:19 AM
My Little girl Noodles is doing weird things with her bedding and sawdust. She gathers it up in her mouth, puts it into her pouches and then takes it into her house. She is always in her house and constantly fussing around with the bedding. She eats and drinks normally and eats her yoghurt treats, but she snapped at my and my boyfriend (weell, bit me hard).

All these signs do not point to a little pregnant lady does it? She doe sn't look any bigger and I was asured when I bought her that she was in a same sex environment. She is only 8 weeks, surley she can't be expecting? She still runs around and explores,, but I did notice she is hording food in her house. Maybe I am just panicking for no reason, I am first time Hammy Mummy after all! Any advice about this would greatly be appricated!

Thanks!

fluffymunchkins
10-20-2010, 12:12 PM
they are all very fussy about their nests (be them male, female, pregnant or not)
They will often change and rearrange it, adding oreven removing bits they don't want in their beds. Storing food inside the house is also natural behaviour, they keep it in there for midnight feasts :)

Females can become pregnant after 4 weeks of age, she probably would show serious signs of pregnancy by now!
Preganant hamsters (although i have never owned one,i talk from others experience) will be very hyper and sometimes quite grouchy. They will build up HUGE mounds for their nursery nests and store lots and lots of food. Someoneelse may be able to give youotehr signs of pregnancy.
But i'm pretty sure shes not, so take a big sigh of relief ;)

Katty_Sheldon
10-20-2010, 01:25 PM
Dont worry, my hamster does exactly the same thing, and he is male! He puts all the toilet paper in his mouth, stuffs it, and then runs in his house (sometimes taking the longer route) and then arranges the paper for a while, then repeat, until all the paper is gone:D I think its their instincts.

anorak
10-20-2010, 01:49 PM
Thank you for your advice guys! I just want him to stop biting! Haha!