PDA

View Full Version : Alfie's first photo shoot!

Emma
03-22-2005, 01:16 AM
I've come up to stay with my parents for a week for a bit of a holiday, and the hamsters are with me, so I borrowed my Dad's digital camera to try to take some photos of Alfie.

These are the best, but they're not very good, he'd pose so well and then move just as I took the picture. Here he is anyway:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/funkyvixen/DSCF0017.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/funkyvixen/Dscf0024.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/funkyvixen/Dscf0030.jpg

You can see he's a fairly big boy! The rescue thought he was huge, he's about twice the size of a lot of the Campbells you see in pet shops around here, but he's comparable to the show Campbells I saw. The Robos seem teensy now compared to Alfie!

SnuggleHam
03-22-2005, 06:46 AM
He is a big boy :oops: maybe thats because I'm used to seeing Roborovski Dwarf Hamsters :lol: The last picture turned out pretty good though!... he's so cute!

Emma
03-22-2005, 11:09 AM
He feels huge when I'm handling him compared to the Roborovskis, and then when I'm handling them again, they seem tiny!

Alfie's a bit of an awkward size really, as he's a little bit too big for the smaller sized wheels, so I put a Syrian sized one in his cage, and he's having trouble using that - I'm not sure he's had a wheel before though. I think he's too big for the mini exercise balls designed for dwarves too, but a Syrian one would be too much for him. Awkward little boy! He's really settling down though (and coped fine with travelling up to my parents too).

He now comes out from his house when you call his name a few times, and is quite friendly and inquisitive when people are around his cage. He's still nipping me occasionally, and always bites anyone else who handles him. Maybe after a while he might stop nipping me, I hope so, because he has sharp teeth! It's not all the time though and he is a very cuddly boy mostly.

hammydude
03-24-2005, 08:00 PM
He does seem large for a Campbells. I really like the last picture, it turned out pretty good and shows his size very well.

babyboos
03-25-2005, 12:03 PM
He is a handful :oops: isn't he :!:

Maybe he has some show stock in his background as these guys tend to be a lot bigger than the Campbell's Russian Dwarf hamsters petstores get from the commercial hamster breeders.

debs
12-08-2010, 10:38 AM
that First Pic Looks like my Jerry and she's a big girl as well :o

Amethyst_ice
12-08-2010, 11:41 AM
wow this thread was started in 2005!

amyXlovesXhamstersX
12-08-2010, 12:02 PM
2005! that hammy is so cute :)

SnickersTheFirst
12-08-2010, 12:06 PM
How did you even manage to find this, Debs? :mad:

debs
12-08-2010, 12:07 PM
haha i know i was just looking at some too see if i coild find out her color : ]

SnickersTheFirst
12-08-2010, 12:11 PM
Oh, fair enough. :D haha

I'd be wary though incase some of these members are still active and their hamster has passed. :(

debs
12-08-2010, 12:46 PM
oh i know :(

amyXlovesXhamstersX
12-08-2010, 02:08 PM
Im really sorry if i have offended anyone >.< i dont think like that...