PDA

View Full Version : might be getting 3 campbells!

ashleanne
09-10-2006, 11:26 PM
I was contacted last night about rehoming 3 hamsters. One of them only has 3 legs and another of them was hand reared :D am a bit excited now!

suga
09-11-2006, 12:11 AM
ace :-) r u going to take them on??

Minicooper
09-11-2006, 01:56 AM
thats brilliant, are you going to take them all on or are you going to just have 1 or 2. Keep us updated! :D

racinghamster
09-11-2006, 04:04 AM
That`s good news for you! I would take them all! If they are all living together already, I would take the group. A three legged hamster will be fine as long as he/she is already used to using three legs and has been checked by a vet.

I`m pleased for you ashleanne. :)

souffle
09-11-2006, 08:49 AM
Great news that. Hope it works out and we will meet them soon. Fingers crossed for you (and the hammies!)

ashleanne
09-11-2006, 02:01 PM
the 3 legged one has been like that for about 5 months, it happened when he was a baby, an accident with that cotton wool bedding. They are all housed seperately so would probably have to stay living apart. its 2 males and one female. they sound quite cute, the lady rehoming them lives quite close to me so i might be getting them on thursday once i get some cages organised for them cuz i need to buy stuff and dont get a day off work until thursday

ashleanne
09-15-2006, 10:19 AM
I just got the hamsters :D Overall they are pretty nice though they are a bit jumpy, the one with 3 legs only came with a very small tank about 30cm by about 15cm!! so i will have to get him a new cage asap! hes very jumpy, handling campbells is a new experience for me lol the other 2 like their cages though, I think the one with 3 legs has mites because hes got a bit of hair loss and stratches a lot. dont want to take him to vets until he settles down a bit though as hes a bit snappy and dont think vet could get a look at him

Minicooper
09-15-2006, 10:26 AM
what are you going to call them?? Some pics would be great!! :D

ashleanne
09-15-2006, 10:50 AM
i have no idea lol i still have 2 rats to name will try and get some pics 2nite but i duno how to even post them on the site lol

racinghamster
09-15-2006, 11:07 AM
Congratulations! :) the best thing to do ashleanne is to allow each hamster to settle for a good few weeks, just talking to them and sniffing your hand. Offer the odd sunflower seed and they should take it from you. Just offer the back of your hand to each hamster to sniff and then take your hand away. Do this daily and soon the hamsters should be looking for your company. Just make sure to wash your hands of ratty smells first!

Are they Campbells dwarfs?

ashleanne
09-15-2006, 11:56 AM
yes they are, well you can all confirm that when i get some pics. there a female, a male with 3 legs and an albino who was hand reared and a lot smaller than the others, hes the easiest to handle since hes used to handling. Id say they will be a lot happier since they have room to move, i feel bad for the one thats still in the tiny tank though but i will try get him a cage 2moro

suga
09-16-2006, 06:28 AM
aww glad you took them on.... hope they settle soon, get names and flicks so we can meet properly. Congratulations :-)

ashleanne
09-16-2006, 07:03 AM
http://www.furrycritters.co.uk/Gallery2/d/8717-1/animal+119.jpg

this is the white hand reared hamster

http://www.furrycritters.co.uk/Gallery2/d/8720-1/animal+120.jpg

this is the small tank that one of them was living in for months!

souffle
09-16-2006, 07:40 AM
He is gorgeous. Thank goodness you have them now as they will be in heaven :lol: That cage is way too small for any creature. Poor little guy but he looks happy now. :lol:

Minicooper
09-16-2006, 08:05 AM
aww what a cutie. he is adorable :D

ashleanne
09-16-2006, 09:26 AM
yeah i did say its a "fish" tank but I wouldnt even keep a fish in it no matter how small let alone a hamster!