PDA

View Full Version : So nervous!

foxykitty911
09-05-2006, 09:46 AM
Well the female hamster is due tomorrow! I have her in a one level cage in a quiet spot in my room. I've been giving her extra protein like boiled eggs, milk soaked bread and cheese. I just cleaned out her cage this morning and am prepared not to touch it for at least nine days. Is there anything else that I should do? I've really been researching alot since these hamsters were found behind the dumpster.

souffle
09-05-2006, 11:14 AM
Does she look rounded at the back now? You seem well prepared. Just resist tempatation to peek and poke and all will be well I am sure. The pups usually arrive in the middle of the night we find and you hear the squeaks in the morning :lol: Give her plenty food and extra protein and let her do the rest. Hope all goes well and don't be too upest if no pups come.

foxykitty911
09-05-2006, 01:02 PM
Her tummy has really rounded out and firm,her nipples are dark pink and are swollen looking. Her private areas are also very swollen. She definatly looks like a pegnant mommy in the last stages of pregnancy(she even kinda waddles, It's very cute) I will keep everybody posted if anything happens.

souffle
09-05-2006, 02:25 PM
Good luck little mummy to be. Does she have a name?

babyboos
09-06-2006, 08:37 AM
how is mummy doing today?

foxykitty911
09-06-2006, 09:26 AM
No real name yet. We were kinda fooling around with Dante and Inferno, but we still haven't decided. She's doing ok. Still no signs of babies , but there is still time.

foxykitty911
09-07-2006, 06:52 PM
Update, I just noticed blood in the bedding around the girl. How soon should I expect her to have the babies do you think?

foxykitty911
09-07-2006, 09:56 PM
Well she had her babies. I can't tell how many, I saw four but there could be more. Do the babies make sounds because it's been a couple of hours and I haven't heard anything really. :?:

SnuggleHam
09-08-2006, 06:07 AM
Congrats! I’m not expert hamster breeder, but I do believe that the babies would likely quiet down after a while, especially if they are nursing or sleeping, and the pups will do allot of that! If you can still see them and they are nice and pink, Im sure they are fine :)

Minicooper
09-08-2006, 08:07 AM
Cant wait for pics of your new pups!

suga
09-08-2006, 09:40 AM
congratulations on the new additions :-)

foxykitty911
09-08-2006, 10:08 AM
The babies were born stillborn. When I peeked in, none of them were moving. I thought that maybe I saw it wrong because I only got a glimpse but this morning only one was left and it was stillborn. Poor guys. I really didn't have the time that additional hamsters required, but I was ready to do whatever was neccesary as a animal owner. But none of my animals have ever had babies and I was really looking forward to it!

AndreaS
09-08-2006, 10:39 AM
Ohh that's so sad :cry:
Poor hammy - her bad start might be the cause of the stillbirths.
Andrea

souffle
09-08-2006, 11:48 AM
I am so sorry to hear of the loss of the babies. Sadly sometimes this happens especially if the mum has been under such stress as your little one had prior to her coming to you. Nature knows best and it may be that the babies had some genetic defects from the father making it not possible for them to live long. Give your little lady lots of spoiling now and nurse her back to health, She deserves it after all she has been through. RIP Little babies and play happily at the bridge.

pophammy
09-08-2006, 11:51 AM
So sorry about the poor babies. R.I.P little ones. :cry:

Minicooper
09-08-2006, 02:57 PM
I am so sorry for the loss of your pups foxykitty911, RIP babies, I hope mum is getting back to full heath and keep us updated on how she gets on........ :( . :( . :( . :(