PDA

View Full Version : zoo zone 1!

amyXlovesXhamstersX
10-01-2010, 03:01 PM
i was looking at things to get muffin and i found this!Hagen Zoozone 1 Medium (Free Delivery) (http://www.equipetable.co.uk/hagen-zoozone-1-medium-free-delivery.html) is this a good cage? i think someone said that you need to mesh the bars on a zoo zone 2 but would i need to do it to this? is this a good price for this because ive not saw it for sale before! please post pictures if anyone has it! x

mangoandmimi
10-02-2010, 02:06 AM
Well yeah its the same size as the duna multy wich is a good cage but yeah it does need bar meshing (espeically with syrians) as they climb. dwarfs fine if u dont put high toys (ie digging tower or suspesion bridge things).
Personally i'd just get the zz2 as its bigger and only a bit more expensive (£50 roughly) but ebays good :)

SarahJ
10-02-2010, 05:19 AM
yeah i love the ZZ1 - i just bought one for Megan (syrian) and i think she loves it, can fit alot of toys in there :)

you will have to mesh the lid bars thou as they will get through them if its syrian

Ellie
10-02-2010, 05:32 AM
I got my zoo zone 2 off ebay for a few more pounds for that.. I think it was an extra 30cm in length compared to the zoo zone 1... I'll see if i can find the link now..

Ellie
10-02-2010, 05:36 AM
I used this company and bought zoo zone 2 and delivery for £50

ZooZone Rabbit Guinea Pig Habitat Cage Box Blue Large on eBay (end time 09-Oct-10 08:31:04 BST) (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170511953095)

But they also have zoo zone 1 for £35 inc courier delivery

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ZooZone-Rabbit-Guinea-Pig-Habitat-Cage-Box-Blue-Pink-/170406533230?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Small_Animals&var=&hash=item6d6e353547

amyXlovesXhamstersX
10-04-2010, 01:47 PM
thank you! im not allowed the zoo zone 2 because theres not enough room!but ive convinced my mum the zoo zone 1 will fit in my room! i've just got to order it now, but before i do, can you take out the metal bit for hay? x

mangoandmimi
10-04-2010, 02:07 PM
Hehe wow lucky thing my mum doesn't even want to hear about driving to new milton to pick up 2 massive 4 ft long tanks for £20 each :(
Um... not really sure about the hayracks... i should think so, i mean you can remove the stuff in the zz2...

stellanova1
10-04-2010, 02:30 PM
Yes you can remove the hay rack on the Zoo zone 1 as well. :)

amyXlovesXhamstersX
10-06-2010, 11:14 AM
yay! my mum just said she will take me to pets at home so i can get lots of toys, and she will give me £10 towards it!! im waiting until after my birthday so i can buy lots of toys but i will hopefully have pictures up at the end of november!:)

mangoandmimi
10-06-2010, 11:47 AM
I love your mum lol ;)

amyXlovesXhamstersX
10-06-2010, 01:03 PM
she's not really that kind! im only allowed 1 hamster:(And she thinks im mad for making muffin so much! oh well...:)

mangoandmimi
10-07-2010, 10:07 AM
Well... they only live for average 2 yrs so they need a good life :)
well 1 hamsters a start - my mum was strict on 1 hamster when i had pearl, but now i have 4 and my sisters hopefully getting dumbo rats and keeping one of mimis litter :D

amyXlovesXhamstersX
10-07-2010, 10:32 AM
you are so lucky! i don't think my mum will ever let me! ive had hamsters since i was 7!:) ive just been told by my cousin that the pet shop about 15 mins away from me does a cage that looks like the zoo zone im going to see if its there at the weekend so i might have it sooner than i thought! I think if i get it i'll just give her lots of cardboard tubes for now...:)

mangoandmimi
10-07-2010, 10:44 AM
Yeah, theyre better than actually plastic chewes i think as it also counts as something to chew :D and you get plenty of them and u can glue them together :)

well maybe my mum just loves animals herself lol - shes the one on about hatching out baby chicks...

amyXlovesXhamstersX
10-09-2010, 12:51 PM
Im soo exited! Im almost definitely getting the ZZ1 this week! I was in the pet shop today and i saw it but i didn't have any money but i came back a while later but they were shutting and they were taking the birds out. Since it is the holidays my mum said she will take me back some time this week to get it. i saw the ZZ2 as well but it looked massive! does anyone have setups for this cage? i have no idea how to fill all the space!:)

Hugo
10-10-2010, 03:11 AM
i bought one on friday and i love it!

i have meshed the lid to prevent an escape or an accident as Mavis managed to get her head through.

here are a couple of set ups, i have changed some things in the second picture once Mavis had worked out where she wanted to sleep

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz201/ml_lewis/daf4e196.jpg

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz201/ml_lewis/ba3e80e9.jpg
you can see the meshing here too

amyXlovesXhamstersX
10-10-2010, 03:19 AM
wow! that looks really nice, where did you get the mesh from? i have no idea where to get it! Mavis must be in hammy heaven with all those toys!:)

Hugo
10-10-2010, 03:22 AM
I got the mesh from the garden section at b&q, i think it was £5.98 for a 90cmx90cm piece, cable ties were about £3.

The water bottle hole is a good height and she reaches with with no problem. I have it hels on with sellotape as the holder that comes with the ZZ can only hold a taller bottle on.

I think Mavis loves it!

mangoandmimi
10-10-2010, 03:28 AM
have u tried sucker attatchment things (like the stuff on the ferplast sippy?) you can get like sucker things in wilkinsons for lik 99p i think - about 4 of them :) just attach elastic band or something or string, but its alot easier then having to do sellotape all the time!

Hugo
10-10-2010, 03:30 AM
have u tried sucker attatchment things (like the stuff on the ferplast sippy?) you can get like sucker things in wilkinsons for lik 99p i think - about 4 of them :) just attach elastic band or something or string, but its alot easier then having to do sellotape all the time!

that can be back up plan if the sellotape fails! it is holding really well at the moment though so should be fine.

the other idea is to buy a bottle big enough to be held on by the holder that came with the ZZ which i might end up doing anyway!

amyXlovesXhamstersX
10-10-2010, 03:37 AM
i think i will get her a new bottle anyway because hers leaks and it is very small! your ideas are very good! i would of never thought of the sucker thing, i didn't even notice there was a water bottle hole!:)

mangoandmimi
10-10-2010, 03:46 AM
Haha was talking to my dad on email a second ago its his good ideas x

CoolcatNatNat44
03-16-2011, 12:45 PM
i bought one on friday and i love it!

i have meshed the lid to prevent an escape or an accident as Mavis managed to get her head through.

here are a couple of set ups, i have changed some things in the second picture once Mavis had worked out where she wanted to sleep

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz201/ml_lewis/daf4e196.jpg

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz201/ml_lewis/ba3e80e9.jpg
you can see the meshing here too

how did you attach your water bottle?