PDA

View Full Version : comming out

ladyjulie
09-22-2010, 01:03 AM
Hi, can anyone tell me do you have to get your hammies out every night to play in there ball as i have syrians that don't wake till really late some nights and im tired.
they have wheels and lots to do in there cages.
please help as i feel awful when i don't get them out.

Hope
09-22-2010, 01:12 AM
Nope, Phoebe doesnt come out every night, nor does Boris, they get ball time about 3 times a week, sometimes I will pop them in the bath with some toys if I am busy and cant keep an eye on them all of the time, and some nights they just have to make do!! Boris is not too bothered but Phoebe loves to come out, I often give in to her attention seeking! :lol: I do try and at least get them out for a few minutes cuddles every night though.

ladyjulie
09-22-2010, 01:35 AM
Thanks, i feel much better now, harry don't care as he just plays in his wheel and tubes, molly loves attention so i do get her out every night even if its just for a cuddle.

Billions
09-22-2010, 04:34 AM
Well, I've not had Saria as long as lots of you guys have had your hammies, but so far I've taken her out every day for a little cuddle then 10-20 mins in her ball. (Usually combine this with a little cage neatening and tissues to claen over the pee corner). If she's good, she'll get a little treat hidden somewhere in her cage for her to find when she gets home again :)

I wouldn't say there was anything wrong with handling them as often as you do, I guess there's no right or wrong way (obviously there's just plain wrong but that's not what I meen :P) as long as you care, and love your hammie the best you can :) The pics in your siggy are adorable :)

Katty_Sheldon
09-22-2010, 07:54 AM
I put mine in the bathtub (closed, covered with towels, full of toilet rolls and a sandbath).I let him roam for 20 mins, then he has a break, then another 15 mins. Thats 2 times a week. Every night i let him roam around my bed for couple of times, he likes to explore but then remembers he is OUT and runs to the cage ...

fluffymunchkins
09-22-2010, 10:22 AM
Mine all come out everynight, but thats just personal choice :)
I love my sleep but i won't miss a chance to play (even if 4 o clock in the morning is their fave playtime :roll:)
I stay up late until they are ready to come out and they get at least 20 minutes floortime each x

starbug
09-22-2010, 11:04 AM
Toffee won't come out every night. About five nights out of seven, he'll come out for a run around, but on the other nights nothing will shift him from his bed! Sometimes he'll emerge to graciously accept a snack from me, but then he rushes away as fast as his little bum can wiggle!

louisbs
09-22-2010, 11:22 AM
Honey will wake up when i get home for a snack and a pee at 6pm, back to bed till 9pm,
Then at about 9:30ish she is fully awake and wants to play. So a mixture of cuddles, floor time and ball.
9:50ish back in cage for water etc.
10ish back to her house for little nap.
11ish wide awake and for a little more floor time. Back in cage for rest of night.
Dunno what time she goes to sleep, but she has woken me up at 4am with bar chewing.

Where as sometimes.. she just doesn't want to know and will happily play in her cage, ignoring me in the process! lol