PDA

View Full Version : I`m A New Campbells Mum!

racinghamster
08-07-2006, 04:15 AM
Well finally, I got my single Campbells rescue hamster this morning from Littlecritterz rescue in Perthshire in Scotland! I met an internet friend who picked him up for me yesterday at the Glasgow rat show and handed him over to me in Stirling at the train station.

He is a typical campbells hamster with the greyish coat and dark dorsal stripe along his back. I`ve named him Scooby and he`s sleeping in his Rody hamster tank now after exploring his new home! I won`t handle him now for a few days until he`s got used to me and his surroundings. He`s a lovely boy and he`s around seven months old. he has been in rescue since last November sadly. :(

So please welcome Scooby to HC everyone! he has a safe home to call his own now. :)

Minicooper
08-07-2006, 04:19 AM
Welcome Scooby to Hamster Central, Hope to see some pics of him soon as he sounds adorable.

Good luck with your new hammie racinghamster!

racinghamster
08-07-2006, 05:52 AM
Thankyou minicooper! Sadly I can`t post photos until I get someone to show me how to connect my cheap camera up to the PC. :roll:

Scooby is fast asleep still and I possibly won`t see him until later tonight! Poor wee man has been from Perth to Glasgow, then from Glasgow to Falkirk, then from Falkirk to Stirling and then from there home on the short bus ride with me! No wonder he`s crashed out! :lol:

There`s a big mealworm in his dish waiting for him on awaking!!

Minicooper
08-07-2006, 06:01 AM
I hope he enjoys his mealworm! :D

rhona
08-07-2006, 08:13 AM
welcome scooby :D

i bet has been soooo spoiled by ciara!

souffle
08-07-2006, 08:43 AM
Wecome little Scooby. Have a great new life and enjoy being spoiled rotten by your new mum. Well done for taking on a rescue hammy. They deserve a new start.

pophammy
08-07-2006, 11:43 AM
Yay! Welcome Scooby and hope he settles in well!

racinghamster
08-07-2006, 12:24 PM
Thankyou everyone. I do wish I could post his photo! He`s still snoozing! :roll: At least he`s in a cosy room with either a TV or radio on low throught the day instead of complete silence. he has been out for a poo I see when I was out of the room! Little sneak! :lol:

babyboos
08-07-2006, 04:01 PM
Oh welcome home Scooby

racinghamster
08-07-2006, 11:56 PM
Thanks Morag! He`s settling in great I`m pleased to say. :)

flogging_molly
08-16-2006, 02:05 AM
Hi racing hamster, i was at the Glasgow rat show picking up my new rattie Saoirse, the woman who picked you new campbells, Vicki, and i also met Scooby, he looks very cute but he does look a lot like the russian dwarf winter white hamster rather than a campbells.

Good luck with him and keep us posted on how he is doing