PDA

View Full Version : No longer sleeping in house

Lulu
08-24-2010, 01:35 AM
Hi

I am assuming this is normal.............The last 2 mornings I have come down to find that Millie is not sleeping in her house. Yesterday she was under her bridge & slept there all day, this morning she is under the shelf asleep.

I am thinking that as its been quite warm here, it maybe too hot in her house??

She seems quite happy, so not too worried but just thought I'd check with you guys!

annie81
08-24-2010, 01:42 AM
my first hammie changed his sleeping places randomly. its possible that the house was too warm for her...or she just changed her mind :-)

Hope
08-24-2010, 01:43 AM
Yep, if its been warm she will have moved to somewhere cooler, its perfectly fine.

If you like you can just give her a pile of bedding and let her drag it about to where she likes - but dont worry its perfectly normal :-)

lisab
08-24-2010, 02:01 AM
yep its normal. none of mine have houses as they will either not bother with them or the house may be too small or too hot for them. as long as they have some bedding they will be fine :)

Fidgetthefirst
08-24-2010, 02:12 AM
Yeah; hamsters will sleep where they want :D It might of got a bit to hot in his house so he moved to a cooler area :)

wofunny
08-24-2010, 02:55 AM
none of mine have houses as they will either not bother with them or the house may be too small or too hot for them. as long as they have some bedding they will be fine :)

Same here :D

SarahJ
08-24-2010, 03:14 AM
When the weather was really hott none of mine slept in their houses, just made a little nest some where and slept there. now the weather has cooled their all bck in their houses again.

RachK
08-24-2010, 10:33 AM
Hi Lulu,

Like everyone has said its perfectly normal. Huxley often sleeps under his wheel or just lays flat out on one of his shelves. :)

chavers
08-24-2010, 10:43 AM
My ham is the reverse to yours - he only moved into his house a few weeks ago after always nesting in the corner of the cage.....

Lulu
08-24-2010, 12:57 PM
Thanks all, I added some extra bedding for her to put it where she wants.

Caisu
08-29-2010, 09:57 AM
Mine will sleep where they want depending on the temperature, I give them solid houses with ventilation only in the roof (and the door of course!) because my room can get rather chilly, then let them choose. Last week they were both nesting under their shelves in elaborate nests they'd built themselves by carefully arranging the substrate I use to make a hammy-sized hole, right up to the shelf, then filling it with bedding they lugged over from their houses. This week they're in their houses with the doors barricaded with bedding and substrate! They're picky and independent little creatures, they'll do what they want regardless of what you want! :P

Dora
08-29-2010, 10:49 AM
dora doesnt sleep in her house either anymore she makes a nest behind her wodent wheel. before she only did this if i didnt put the shelf in (obv liked the blocked security) but when shelf went in she did 2 days in house and moved out) so now we dont bother with shelf in her gabber..and she uses her house to store food instead lol.

hansisland
09-03-2010, 04:46 AM
Princess has recently moved out of her house and has now burrowed into the wood shavings of the cage floor and taken her bedding to make a nice hidy hole. She has also taken to hiding a stash of food in the corner of the cage.
The only thing that worries me is when i clean the cage I'm going to destroy her home and her food stash and probably upset her and it's taken so long for her to come around to liking me I don't want her to see me as a threat :(