View Single Post
Old 04-20-2024, 02:44 PM  
Sauropod8
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Scratching near eye and Respiratory Infection

Hi Miko, thanks so much for the reply!
That is semi-reassuring, just that you have seen it take a while for Baytril to take effect/ help for the respiratory infection. Moss has been on it for 7 days now, and I have just picked up some more to keep him on it for another week or so. He still is struggling with his breathing but we are just hoping the antibiotics kick in very soon and help him out.

We have been putting the antibiotic eye drop cream on the sore next to his eye. Since my original post 3 days ago, this has now scabbed over and gone hard, hopefully that means it's healing, but he has his eye semi-closed which makes Jim look so sad. I hope it's just because that sore is healing and the skin is pulled tight, so will get better. The wound itself does seem better.

I'm just concerned now that we have weighed him again tonight and he is down to 106g �� I have been giving him everything I can think of; boiled egg, cooked chicken, mealworms, sunflower seeds, Chubby Cheeks mix. He seems to be eating it in his bowl and stashing some of it, so it's worrying he is still losing weight. I added extra bedding and we have covered his cage with a blanket to try and keep him warm.

Thanks again for the reply. Fingers crossed Moss starts getting better soon, I feel so bad for him
Sauropod8 is offline   Reply With Quote