View Single Post
Old 03-26-2024, 10:43 PM  
ConnieW
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Hello from Phoenix, AZ

Thank you for the warm welcome. Dusty was named by my granddaughter who is the official owner of Dusty. I am the overseer to be sure Dusty has what he needs.
I wish this forum was like another I belong to where you just drag and drop to insert a picture. I am not that computer savvy. So having to upload my photos to another site before I can insert them here takes too long for me to do. I am old and probably not that computer smart.... LOL!

Anyway, we are new to keeping hamsters. I am in the process of looking for a new cage for Dusty. I was looking at the staff here and it seems you are all from the other side of the Atlantic from me. LOL! Don't know if any of you can advise me on what is available in the US for me to get for Dusty.

Anyway, Dusty is currently in, what I thought was a great cage, a 30X12X12 inch glass tank with a 12 inch topper. I have since learned this is not very good for hamsters even though this cage was advertised as a hamster cage. I was advised against anything plastic for a cage, so I got this one.

We got Dusty on March 20th, so we don't see him at all yet since the first day and we took lots of pictures. He has gone under the bedding and he probably only comes out at night when we are all asleep. His cage is located in our living area, not a bedroom.Any pointers on what to look for in a cage would be great. We have a 21 cm wheel on a stand for him that stands 10 inches tall. So I need a cage to facilitate that wheel and this wheel can come off the stand and be put on bars of the cage.
Please let me know what cages you think are good for a Robo dwarf hamster.
Thanks so much!
ConnieW is offline   Reply With Quote