View Single Post
Old 02-08-2024, 05:37 PM  
laurenpatt

Exclamation change in activity due to cage change?

hi i’m really hoping someone can help me with this. i’ve had my hamster for 5 months now and everything has been good. she’s in a bucastate 100x50 with many inches of bedding, hides etc and a trixie wooden 28cm wheel. she usually spends a lot of time on the wheel each night. rummaging for food etc. recently i got her a platform and moved the change round a little. since then she stopped coming out of her burrow near as much during the night. i moved the wheel back to where it was but still she won’t touch it. we have a camera to watch her during the night and she now only comes out for around 10 minutes to grab food and water then goes back to bed. i checked her while she was out today and there are no signs of sickness or injury. she is still eating and drinking. the only change i noticed is she usually loves dried corn but hasn’t touched it in a while. what could the reason be for her drastic change in behaviour? could moving the wheel for a few days cause this? shall i leave her be and she if she begins to spend more time out again? please any help is great. thank you
laurenpatt is offline   Reply With Quote