View Single Post
Old 10-20-2023, 04:08 PM  
gorou
Newborn Pup

Post block feed / forage mix ratios ? + any toy ideas ?

hi ! i've gotten better on my hamster care , [ especially on updating his enclosure ] and so i had then moved on to upgrading my Syrian hamster's diet. he's been on Science Selective hamster food blocks but i had bought some variety cups of dehydrated fruits / veggies / flowers and had fed them to him as treats [ over-feeding him too much of anything has been my main worry ].

i've seen some youtube videos where they recommend to scatter feed your hamster, so i've been doing that in small amounts + his blocks in a bowl and he really seemed to enjoy searching for all of it !

i just got a hamster forage feed mix from etsy [ barley, millet, mealworms, dried fruits and veggies, a bunch of stuff tbh ] [ image attached is the picture of the mix from the online shop ] but i'm not sure how much exactly i should be feeding him. the instructions say 10g / 2tbs every 1-2 days but i'm not sure if it counts with his lab blocks as well. [i feed him enough blocks to at least cover the bottom of his food bowl ] . i am unsure of his exact age since he was bought from a pet store but i've had him in my care for around 12 months.

i know an over-fed hamster typically beats out an under-fed / malnourished one but i'm just really nervous considering i have trouble imagining proportions in general... my bad for rambling / so much in one post ! thank u for any help :3
Attached Images
File Type: jpg il_794xN.3205470249_ly8k.jpg (156.3 KB, 3 views)
gorou is offline   Reply With Quote