Thread: Circling
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2023, 09:05 AM  
Sara H
Hamster Pup

Default Circling

I am wondering if anyone has or has had a circling hamster and what their experience has been please.

I have been rescuing hamsters over the years but I have never come across a hamster with this condition.

My friend went into PAH this week and couldn't believe they had her in the adoption section. She is a female dwarf, 5 months old and came in from the breeder they use. Once she started to show this condition they said they monitored her and the vet concluded she had a neurological condition but was fit to be rehomed. She will have been in one of their tiny box enclosures all her life with no room to run. My friend was so upset seeing her she called me in tears.

She doesn't stargaze but will turn very quickly in circles. Her coat is really healthy, her eyes brights, no lump or bumps and she can stop to eat and drink. She hasn't used her wheel which I can understand but instead will run around the enclosure very, very quickly and have periods of circling.

She is in a maxi dune with deep paper bedding, nothing high for hep to fall off.

I was going to let he settle in for awhile and monitor her before I take her to my exotic vets for a check up.
Sara H is offline   Reply With Quote