View Single Post
Old 08-20-2023, 03:10 AM  
Jujuuls
Newborn Pup

Exclamation Hamster Escaped Today

Today I woke up in the middle of the night hearing stuff falling over from my desk. At first I thought it was just Hamburger burrowing and moving her toys from the surface, so I turned on my light to make sure. Surely enough, Hamburger was on my desk pushing off all of my trinkets!!! I’m surprised she didn’t go any further than my desk, I’m still confused how she got out. The cage is 95 cm (38 in) long, 73 cm (29 in) wide, and 48 cm (19 in) tall. There’s a good 20 cm (8 in) distance from the highest point of her cage to the top of the bin lid, so I’m genuinely confused how she could reach the top and escape??? She hasn’t been using her wheel for more than a week so I was thinking that was the reason why. But nothing major changed about her wheel, she was using it fine a couple weeks ago until I cleaned it. Now I’m thinking of getting her a play pen to get to explore around so she doesnt feel bored in her cage. Is there anything else I could do to help my hamster? Is she bored of her cage already? She’s only been with me for one full month now.
Jujuuls is offline   Reply With Quote