View Single Post
Old 08-06-2023, 05:27 PM  
prettyoddkoda

Exclamation need help taming scared hamster

hi guys, so i got a really cute hamster some time ago, and she is a syrian. i have never owned a syrian before, only dwarf hamsters. also, i've never had any problems with the taming of my little ones until now, never had such a scared hamster before.

she barely gets out of her hide and gets spooked really easely. i've left her alone in the first days to settle, but still she is almost never out. i've tried giving her treats and she sometimes takes them. i kinda got stuck in this part of the taming process. she still is too scared and always hiding.

just leaving her alone and giving treats wasn't improving her scared behavior, so i tried the bathtub method with her but she hated it, even with all the toys there she was not playing at all, just trying to escape, making clicking noises and acting very stressed. i felt bad for her and gave up on that.

please, i need help, does anyone have any tips on taming very scared hamsters that are always trying to hide away? it's making me sad, i don't her to feel scared, but i don't know how to proceed here.

(ps: she has a 800+ sq inch cage and lots of toys, 11 inch wheel, safe bedding and all)
prettyoddkoda is offline   Reply With Quote