View Single Post
Old 06-23-2023, 02:20 PM  
SKB_Hamsters
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: New hamster pees on herself

It’s a hard one.

Without seeing her and going based of what you have said to me she feel like she a nervous hamster settling in. It a lot of changes and it is understandable overwhelming. Her behaviour doesn’t sound too dissimilar to some of my hamsters when I brought them home. Try and make sure her cage has plenty of place to hide and hopefully soon she will find her confidence and start exploring.

To see if she eating I would put her food in a bowl (if you aren’t already - I scatter fed so don’t use bowls) put in a tablespoon to 2 tablespoons. And see closely if her food is going - some hamster don’t hoard. Maybe put some strong smelling treat in her cage tiny amount of fresh veg works well or nuts. Place them somewhere you can see if she take them.

However saying this it hard to offer advice without being able to see her so this is when you have to use your judgement. If you are very concerned that she may be sick then taking her to the vets will be the best. I know you are worried the stress may cause wet tail but on the other hand if she is sick with something else leaving her could be worse. So definitely try and see her without disturbing her too much and make your judgement based on what you think is best.

All the best and I’m hoping your hamster will be fine.

Owning Hamsters since Nov 2007

Last edited by SKB_Hamsters; 06-23-2023 at 02:25 PM.
SKB_Hamsters is offline   Reply With Quote