View Single Post
Old 04-04-2023, 10:52 PM  
PhoenixEcho
Newborn Pup

Default Accidental Breeding! Need help ASAP

Okay, I have a slight problem. I have several hamsters. Two of which are my long hairs Jaeger(male) and Artemisia(female) aka Artie. Who are the source of my current problem.

Now to be clear, I NEVER wanted to breed any of my hamsters. I know nothing of the subject and have no desire to learn anything about it. Which is why all seven of my hamsters are kept in separate tanks/cages. And I have a strict rule for anyone who visits me: no one is allowed to remove the hamsters from their enclosures but me.

For the most part, people respect this rule. Until someone didn't about a week ago. My cousin came to visit and brought her friend. Who thought it would be so cute to take a picture of the fuzzy hamsters together. So when we weren't looking, the dummy took Artie out of her tank and put her in with Jaeger.

By the time I realized what had happened and separated the two, nature had taken its course. Now I might be expecting a litter. But my issue is that I'm not sure if Artie is pregnant. As I have no idea how long they were in there together or if she was in heat yet.

Which is why I'm here. I know that hamster pregnancies last about three weeks and it's been a week. So with two weeks to go, what are signs I should be on the lookout for? Behavioral, attitude, anything will help.
PhoenixEcho is offline   Reply With Quote