View Single Post
Old 04-02-2023, 05:10 PM  
Lucyhamsters101
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Frodo's Progress :)

Frodo is still a little skittish but definitely is slowly getting better. I've noticed he doesn't like sudden noises no matter the volume. If I shift in my bed and a spring makes a noise he darts across the cage, but he is completely fine with my voice and it actually helps him if I talk while making a sudden noise. He has also started to show a lot more interest in things in his cage like some chews I put in which he never really bothered with before and he is just sniffing things and inspecting them a lot more. I have noticed he has been a little restless it seems so I'm planning on getting more things to add to his cage for more enrichment.

His taming progress is basically at the same stage. He is still very wary of me and will happily accept treats if I give them to him but if they are on the palm of my hand he is skeptical. He let me hold him for about a minute today and he was fine - usually when he takes treats from my palm his body makes a buzzing feeling but when I held him earlier there was no buzzing feeling, but he refused to take a treat from me till he was back in his cage.

He has definitely realised the sound me reaching for his treats for sounds like. As soon as he hears me rustling in the bag he stops everything and waits for the treat.

Anyways, everything is basically still the same. He is eating fine now but I am still due him an overall check at the vets as I had to reschedule. I was meant to upload a picture to show you Frodo but I gave up so no photo of Frodo today.

Last edited by Lucyhamsters101; 04-02-2023 at 05:17 PM.
Lucyhamsters101 is offline   Reply With Quote