View Single Post
Old 03-26-2023, 02:00 PM  
Asundrop
Newborn Pup

Unhappy Female Syrian Hamster looking wet.

I have a female adult Syrian hamster (1.5~ years) and about 4 days ago I noticed that she’s looking wet around her front paws and belly area; similar to when you sweat after a work out. At first I thought she may have gotten wet from her water bowl so I dried her off and look around her cage to see if there was anything strange (diarrhea or peeing outside her sand box). After giving her cage a clean up and changing her water and food I put her back in and waiting for the next day. Well, next day she’s once again looking wet and disheveled!

Her teeth look to be a good length and she has plenty of things to chew on.

I’m wondering if this has something to do with her scent glands? Is she maybe over grooming? I notice this most when she’s waking up from her sleeps but her nest area is dry.

I have noticed she’s drinking water more regularly but her private parts look fine so I don’t think it’s a UTI from first glance?

Has anyone had experience with this? Any help is appreciated.

I’ve called multiple vets in my area but non tend to hamsters. I’m very willing to drive farther out but if this is just something that happens with age then ???
Asundrop is offline   Reply With Quote