Thread: Spinning Robo!
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2023, 01:16 PM  
LittleMoose
Newborn Pup

Default Spinning Robo!

Hi everybody,

I was last here in when we had Alfie (2019) & Margot (2021). We thought we were retired from hams until about 4 weeks ago a co-worker decided her daughters hamster needed rehoming as they only fed, watered and mucked him out once a week. We took Jakey on, transferred him into a bigger home and have left him to settle, he was in such a tiny home it was awful!

I've looked after over 10 hams in my years but Jakey is my first Robo, and he has come with some pretty interesting behaviour.

He is constantly running around his house doing loops of his home, he loves running in circles and once he gets going it's like he can't stop, he doesn't really take any material to nest with He's just happy to sleep on his carefree bedding, he also doesn't like his wheel and uses it more for a toilet than running!

Is this normal for robos? He's so fast and tiny and we don't feel he gains much from being handled, hes nibbly but not mean.He's been to the vet and they confirmed no head tilt or anything to be worried about he's just constantly on the go.

So should we be worried or is he just super active? Thanks in advance and picture added of our lovely little dude!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20230128_231305.jpg (2.96 MB, 14 views)
LittleMoose is offline   Reply With Quote