View Single Post
Old 01-31-2023, 09:04 PM  
lovehamsters01
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Burying water bowl and wheel solutions?

most of my hamsters use water bottles (hard to find a good one but niteangel water bottles are generally the best in my experience, though even those can be unreliable)
I do have one dwarf that prefers a bowl and I found that the only way to keep the water clean was to put it on a hard surface. his cage happens to have a 2nd level without any bedding so I put it there, but if you don't have a 2nd level, adding a platform is pretty much the only option as I learned the hard way. A shelf from Ikea or a stand from niteangel would both work.
if you don't have room/don't want to get a stand, does he have a sandbox? some sandboxes have some sort of cover that have room for a water bowl. I know niteangel sells a sandbox like that, though they do tend to be pricey.
Unfortunately, we don't have many options in the US for good quality hamster accessories and I usually end up turning to niteangel for most things. (The water bowl I have is also from niteangel but I saw in your other post that you figured it out)
hope this was helpful!
lovehamsters01 is offline   Reply With Quote