View Single Post
Old 12-08-2022, 07:10 AM  
ElenaGD
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Wet fur around mouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliviashutch View Post
Thanks everyone for the feedback! Olivia drinks from a bowl so it might just be her drinking. It happened again twice in these days, but I checked on her and everything seems fine (also I think that if it was something to worry about, she would be wet everyday, but it only happens sometimes). I also thought that maybe it just gets kinda hot in her nest because she’s also breathing (she doesn’t sleeps in her hideouts but she sleeps in her borrows). I did call the vet and he said that since it’s something that only happens sometimes I shouldn’t really worry about it. what do you guys think?

Hi everyone!
What a joy and what a wonder to discover this forum, where you can learn so much about hamsters.
I have recently adopted a two year old Syrian granny. He has dental disease and for weeks I have observed that his neck and chest area is wet. my vet told me that can be a sign of pain, but it's weird that it's only occasional. She has given me daily medicine for the pain and even so there are days when she is wet and I am desperate. I like the idea that you say, about what can be when you sleep, a kind of condensation of your breath.
I wanted to know if you have had that problem again and finally how you have solved it.

A big hug for this beautiful community
ElenaGD is offline   Reply With Quote