Thread: Sick robo
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2022, 09:29 AM  
Petite
Senior Hamster

Default Re: Sick robo

Holly is no better, and in fact seems really poorly. I've just cleaned her cage to get rid of an accumulation of hamster mix that she was amassing, and which may possibly have been the cause of the vet's diagnosis of "stomach upset" if she had ingested some that was not as it should have been. I know it's not good to stress them out when they're unwell by cleaning, but thought in this instance that it was all to the greater good.

While the cleaning was done, I tucked her cosily into her travel carrier. While in a small space, I took the opportunity of trying to give her the Metacam prescribed by the vet. I held the spoon right up against her nose, but she wasn't interested and just looked to be droopy and falling asleep. I added baby food and tried again, but got the same reaction.

Worse still, when I came to put her gently back in her cage, I noticed drops of bright red blood on the substrate - more than we had hitherto seen - and I am terribly worried. I fear I may be going to lose her. Just now she is huddled in her sand bowl, moving slightly but eyes closed, or nearly closed. She never behaves like this. Should I take her back to the vet, or do you think the stress would be too much for her? I really don't know what to do for the best. I'm also worried that she may be in pain.
Petite is offline   Reply With Quote