View Single Post
Old 11-24-2022, 04:31 AM  
HammyGandB
Newborn Pup

Exclamation URGENT: Blood in Hamster cage.

Hi everyone

I woke up this morning to find a blood bath in my Syrian hamster, Oreo's, cage. I'm incredibly worried.

I have attached a picture of the collected blood from his cage, it's in a bag to take to the vet for reference.

It looks like bloody urine on his tissue bedding? It was in both corners where he pees etc. My partner seems to think it's the colorants from the purple grape we gave him last night. Is this a possibility? It just looks too dark and red to be from a grape... There also seems to be droplets on some of his toys and on his wheel.

We tried to have a look at where it was coming from but we've only had for a week so he isn't tame yet... I can't seem to find where it is coming from, he has black furr which makes it even more difficult to examine him... Couldn't really find anything in his poop.

We are trying to get an emergency appointment at our vet but haven't had any luck yet...

Can anyone provide some advice... I'm sick to my stomach worried about him... Thank you for any help you can provide x
Attached Images
File Type: png WhatsApp Image 2022-11-24 at 11.14.05 AM 2.png (255.0 KB, 28 views)
HammyGandB is offline   Reply With Quote