View Single Post
Old 11-16-2022, 10:49 PM  
pepperthehammy02
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Hi! New owner- hamster stressed need help!

Hi guys!

Thank you so much for everyone’s feedback. I really appreciate it. First of all I did attach images with her cage- pls let me explain first lol. I got her a bigger wheel but I don’t think she’s strong enough to push it. She can go at it for sure but it takes much more of her. For tonight, I put both her wheels in there (new and old) to see which one she prefers. She has been using both. I know it’s very cramped I have tried to free space and plan on getting an even bigger cage. If this is a bad call though, please let me know.

Second, I listened to yalls suggestions. I made sure the bedding was much thicker because it was not 6 inches. Also her old wheel is 6 inches but you guys said that is too small. Any links to good wheels? Pet smart didn’t have any besides the big bulky one which is hard to push. The pebbles are relatively flat and small and she usually burrows them, not sure if they are visible in the pictures. As far as her poop, it’s very green. I plan on taking her to the vet on Friday. I also removed the large rock.

I also make sure my hands are clean before handling her maybe it really is all of these new changes overwhelming her. I really just want to provide what’s best for her. I wish they could talk and tell us straight up!! For now I am going back to square one and leaving her alone again with these new changes. It has been about a month since I have had her so I think I need to give her time to adjust without handling her. I will also establish routine like an exact time to change her food and water etc. I hear hamsters like routine.

Finally, what food should I get her?? I held off on getting new food without you guys’ input. For now I am still using the one I linked in my first post. Also I plan on putting her sand bath in! I just washed it out so it wasn’t in the photo. I still change bedding every week or so- is that bad? And I do spot clean and replace with new bedding every day (as well as replace water).

Thank you seriously everyone I am just trying to make her new home as comfortable as possible and I appreciate the help so much
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (3.48 MB, 10 views)
pepperthehammy02 is offline   Reply With Quote