View Single Post
Old 11-15-2022, 04:48 AM  
cloudy
Whimzee dealer

Default Re: Hi! New owner- hamster stressed need help!

Hello Pepperthehammy and welcome. It is lovely you have taken on this hamster and are trying to give her a better life.

First I would say, the food is a poor quality one. Sunflower seeds are fine for hamsters and if you remove those then it will change the nutrition of the food.

It would be really helpful if you could show a picture of the cage so members could give advice about that.

Your hamster has had a lot of changes right now and I can imagine this is all new to her and she is still settling in.

I notice when hamsters first arrive they may have a routine that then changes once they become familiar with their new environment. If she is coming out at different times this is okay.

A 6 inch wheel is far too small for any hamster. With a dwarf hamster they need a minimum of 8 inches but 10 is better.

How deep is her bedding? Her bedding should not be smelling and I am wondering if it is not deep enough. 6 inches minimum is best for the bedding. She will need access to sand at all times. Sand will help to keep her fur clean and she may also like to play in it. With bedding spot cleans are usually done but by changing it all you remove the hamsters scent and this can cause stress. So you will remove any wet bedding and then add fresh bedding.
cloudy is offline   Reply With Quote