View Single Post
Old 11-09-2022, 02:05 AM  
RalphsNan
Newborn Pup

Default Sleep tight Ralph

Our lovely gorgeous Ralph passed away in the early hours of Sunday 30th October. He was 2 years and 1 month old. We had little signs like he always turned around when someone stroked him (to see if there was a snack involved!) but he didnt that day, we left him alone and he wasn't eating much. That night my daughter and her boyfriend were out with friends and not due back until at least 3am, but the nightclub was too crowded so they came home early and were able to see Ralph before he passed away. They went to bed about 1.45am but I stayed up, I knew he needed me to stay downstairs. I kept a close eye on him and ten minutes later he died.

It happened quite suddenly and very quickly, he gasped for breath with his mouth wide open, I stroked him softly and said to him 'We love you very much, we are so lucky to have had you and you can let go now' and all of sudden he stopped gasping (this gasping took about 10 seconds) looked up at me and then there was nothing, I didnt even have time to call my daughter downstairs.

He had a huge personality for the smallest thing, he ruled this house and if he wanted something you knew it, whether it was to go zooming around in his ball, or have a cuddle out of the cage, attention or food!! We absolutely adored him and are quite broken hearted now - I still keep looking over to where his cage was expecting to see him looking toward where I sit to say as if to say 'Come on Nan I need something'. Thank you for 2 years and 1 month we miss you Ralph.
RalphsNan is offline   Reply With Quote