View Single Post
Old 11-02-2022, 05:32 AM  
NanaBeaver
Newborn Pup

Default Changing cage set up

I have seen all the advice about changing cage setups and it seems to be a bit conflicting.
I completely empty and clean Coco's Detolf every month and then set it up again a bit differently. Spot cleans every few days. I always have a quarter of it at the same end as a deep substrate burrowing area, practically right up to the top with Katee clean and cozy and a tunnel in it. At the other end I always place the wheel and the sandbath. Not much substrate as the wheel is very big for a Detolf..I also put her house back in the same place with used bedding in it and her food stash usually renewed. In between I put changes of substrate, just now she has Tiny friends farm eco bedding topped with hay and round the wheel and sandbath aspen and some pebbles. Then in the space in the middle I put a different arrangement of toys, tunnels and platforms. I have a hoard of toys so I kind of rotate then monthly.
I'm sorry I can't post pictures of it but I'm a technoplegic and can't get my pictures onto the laptop.
I think Coco enjoys this idea, she runs around exploring and likes the different levels and different substrates. She appears happy and healthy so I think this system works for us. Any comments appreciated thanks.
NanaBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote