Thread: Clive
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2022, 01:07 PM  
Ria P
House of Hamsters

Default Re: Clive

The exotics vet thinks that Clive could have cushings disease or cutaneous lymphoma and my vet thinks it could be genetic and Clive could have been born with a poor immune system. She wants to rule out a simple demodex overgrowth that led to bald patches by treating him for demodex. She says it won't do any harm if that's not the case and its not invasive. I'm all for it because it would also eradicate any internal parasites should Clive carry any.

She is looking into a saliva test to test for cushings but she also knows of his nervous disposition and the level of stress this would cause him. Her approach is holistic and person/animal centred which is something i agree with.

By that i mean that, if tests and treatments would cause more distress than the symptoms of an illness, i would not go down that route.

Because of Clive's squealing and squawking she forgot to weigh him but needs it for his records. I thought my scales were wrong when it showed over 200g so i took him to the animal hospital to get weighed. 205g. I didn't think that he was that heavy. I hope there's nothing sinister going on inside him.

He slept in the transport box but immediately started to squeal when he woke in unfamiliar surroundings. I picked him up, cuddled him and he stopped at once and stayed quiet.

Whatever is going to happen, my main concern will always be his happiness and comfort.
Ria P is offline   Reply With Quote