View Single Post
Old 10-05-2022, 08:10 AM  
ShadowNinjaHamster

Default Re: My hamster isn't eating almost anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudy View Post
Shadow, I am so very sorry to hear this. I think this shows Bogie was very unwell not to be able to survive this. You did all you could for Bogie so never doubt that. Bogie will leave a gap in your heart as your bond was so very special.

I am thinking of you. Please use this forum for support because we understand what you are going through.

You really are amazing. You kept on taking Bogie to the vet and you tried everything possible for him. You are so strong to have done all this alone.
I realised he won't make it in the morning. He was weaker than he had ever been, even though we ate today and yesterday and drank and the vet gave him food and water before the operation too.
When he walked he just kept falling over and I have never seen him being so weak. Never.
I'm not going to beat myself over a fact that I didn't go to the vet immediately after I noticed that he doesn't eat his food, is hiding and only eats cucumbers and salads. The heating wasn't on yet and I was cold and so it made sense to me that Bogie is cold as well and is hiding himself in his nest and things will be better when they'll turn the heating on. The end result would've been most likely the same and it's better not to think about what I could've done differently. I must not always forget that Bogie had health issues ever since I got him and at least he didn't end up in some random home with 12 children, in a small cage and at least I tried my best and I think he was pretty pleased, because he was always nice and friendly towards me and often even licked my finger when I was petting him.
I think he was pleased and what's important is that he lived well and was loved. I tried my best to save his life but didn't manage to. I'll always love him and who knows, maybe someday we'll meet in heaven
ShadowNinjaHamster is offline   Reply With Quote