View Single Post
Old 10-05-2022, 03:31 AM  
BartyCrouchJr
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Hamster not chewing/eating

I don't think I would be confident enough either. The vet didn't use any gas on Monday, just scruffed Cedric and used a clip. So it could be that he is still a bit stressed from the procedure.

He has had many iterations of whimzee dog chews but he has never wanted to chew on them he had a little nibble of the crocodile shaped one but i've not seen anything since. He has so many things he can gnaw on in his tank but he's just not a big chewer!

The vet said it was probably genetic so that may be why they grow fast. He's over a year old and this is the first time any problem has come to light with his teeth so i'm not sure if they do grow as quickly as he thinks they will as I defintely would have noticed before now, he's always been a chubby little thing and the first thing I saw was the weight loss over the last few weeks, it was steady loss though.

Thank you for the reassurance i'm so worried about him and I just want to make him more comfortable and happy again, he really is a lovely little hamster!
BartyCrouchJr is offline   Reply With Quote