View Single Post
Old 09-27-2022, 08:24 AM  
ShadowNinjaHamster

Default Re: My hamster isn't eating almost anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria P View Post
If Bogie is on antibiotics, my guess would be an abcess.

No matter what species or age, hamster or human, surgery ALWAYS carries risks.

The vet couldn't possibly tell you otherwise. They have to point out the risks involved and you would have to sign a consent form. It's standard prodecure.
Google Translate didn't get what it is or she didn't write it, but he has something in his stomach and it's something with the size of the peanut.
He hasn't even eaten anything besides salads and cucumbers in days, but I'm happy that he eats something. I tried boiling the food, so it'd be soft but he hasn't touched it at all.
I'll have to give him his medicine soon. Hopefully I'll succeed. I'm hoping so bad he'll be alright, but you know…I've been still crying for hours and trying to stay strong as well.

I can definitely see that the signs have gotten worse. He doesn't move or doesn't really pay any attention to anything. I feel so guilty for not going immediately, because a few days ago when I started this thread he was in a better shape, but um…Then again Bogie is my first hamster and my initial guess was that he's cold. I'm also very grateful to the vet accepting him immediately yesterday and I'm happy she wasn't like: "Well, you have time booked for Thursday, so why don't you wait?" Really, this vet is the best I've been to, so at least that makes me happy.

The worst thing is he also has a broken tooth. I have no idea how this could've happened. He doesn't climb on anything, he has chew toys, he doesn't climb bars. I feel bad about it. I was watching him drinking water yesterday and as soon as he touched water he jumped and squeaked. It took him awhile to drink water.
ShadowNinjaHamster is offline   Reply With Quote