View Single Post
Old 09-26-2022, 11:03 PM  
Lemon
Hamster Pup

I’ve continued the antibiotics (although she refused most of them during the hours she was feeling bad)

I can’t find another vet to see her and her vet didn’t even think her case was worthy of doing tests. I’m going to call again tomorrow and tell them the swelling is worse and ask for other treatment options or non-invasive tests for infection

They didn’t even notice the swelling when i brought her in 2 weeks ago. But it was obvious to me and now it’s gotten significantly worse

I’m afraid they just might not have enough experience with hamsters to be able to diagnose her

I’m going to start her on the metacam soon (even though she isn’t acting sick yet, only that one brief time) but I feel like bringing her in to the vet again wouldn’t be worth it because of how upset she gets and that it hasn’t ever resulted in a diagnosis

It’s so hard to make choices when I can’t be sure if they’re the right choices or not, but I love her a lot and I’m trying so hard to consider every factor of her quality of life and what would make her the happiest and most comfortable

Also, if she does have pyometra, she has closed pyometra because she has absolutely no discharge

But she isn’t showing behavioral symptoms of other causes of swelling either so I don’t know for sure

Last edited by souffle; 09-27-2022 at 03:59 AM.
Lemon is offline   Reply With Quote