View Single Post
Old 09-26-2022, 03:46 AM  
Lemon
Hamster Pup

Default Pyometra or something else?

Hi everyone, I’m the person who posted that my hamster Icy has some kind of abdominal swelling

I recently noticed that one side is bigger than the other, and I’m wondering if that can happen with pyometra or if both would be about the same size

She’s been on antibiotics for 10 days now but the swelling has been getting worse anyway. I’m also afraid she might have a bad reaction to the antibiotics. Both this time and when she had antibiotics several months ago (way before the abdominal swelling started), about 10 days in, I found her with horrible walking and motor coordination and lying on the ground with her eyes closed and bending into a position I don’t ever normally see her in

Otherwise she is happy and active and still isn’t acting sick. Those bad symptoms were only a few hours and she’s back to being herself. I know the swelling is probably something that will eventually lead to her passing but idk if continuing the antibiotics would be better or worse now considering all that’s happened

I don’t want to continue medicine if it will just give her side effects that ruin the happy quality of the life she has left. (I do have pain medicine for her if she needs it though)
Lemon is offline   Reply With Quote