View Single Post
Old 09-23-2022, 12:55 PM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Omg I got the call he's almost ready

One thing to think about when setting up a cage is - access. It can be difficult to work out sometimes but helps if you can spot any access issues before the hamster does as then it stresses them out when you change things.

So for example the large digging box - he can get onto it via the cork log at one side but if he jumps down he might not be able to get up there again easily. If you have another bendy stick bridge you could maybe put it on the right side of the sand box (rt side looking at the photo) as another/alternative step up to it. The steps at the front could possibly do instead, if they fit, but I'm guessing you want those there so he can get out of the cage easily.

What I've found with access and them enjoying using things is - they like ladders and ramps etc if they lead from one place to another - but if they don't they tend to ignore them (or just use them as a way to see if they can get to the top of the cage and escape!). Like you have the cork log going from the house roof to the sandbath. That means the cork log will get used a lot (and enjoyed more) as it goes from a to b.

Last edited by Pebbles82; 09-23-2022 at 01:09 PM.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote