View Single Post
Old 09-21-2022, 06:19 AM  
RolyRocks
Hamster Pup

Default Thick Dark Brown Urine

In the past my dwarf Loki has had discoloured urine which has either been resolved with ab's or gone back to normal on it's own (probably because it was down to something he had eaten). The last couple of days it was orangey again but last night and this morning it was thick dark brown. It is definitely not diarrhea and doesn't smell strong. My vet is away on holiday this week but I have got some antibiotics to try him on again. He is currently on Metacam and this past week I have started giving it to him twice daily as he has lot some weight again. He is now 2 years and 7 months old which I think is amazing! He has obviously slowed down a little and is eating less but in every other way he still appears a very happy little hamster!
I just wondered if anyone has any experience of dark brown urine? Also, have people safely given their hamster Bayril and Metacam at the same time? Can they be mixed together to disguise the taste?
My sister recommended giving him some fluids by syringe in case it is his kidneys but I'm not sure I will be able to get it into him without stressing him out because he's a wriggly little guy.
Thanks in advance for any help and advice you can offer me.
RolyRocks is offline   Reply With Quote