View Single Post
Old 09-15-2022, 11:28 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Cage recommendations?

Hello Pink Neon! Lovely to see you and welcome back. You had an Alexander cage before I seem to remember. The nearest equivalent now is the Savic Plaza (which I have . It's almost exactly the same size as the Alexander but without the curved top and has a big front door instead of the two small doors and top door.

It's not perfect but it's a good cage for a Syrian. You can get it at pets at home. The only thing is it doesn't come with lots of stuff like the Alexander did. The shelf isn't very good and there is no decent house. I also seem to remember you had a Savic Rolly wheel before didn't you? That would be fine, or there are other options. I struggled a bit with syrian wheels myself recently. There is also the 28cm trixie wheel still as well.

Everything has changed so much since the pandemic - zooplus hardly sells anything in the Uk now.

I also have a Savic plaza for our robo. So yes it can be used for a dwarf hamster - but the height is an issue. What I did was stick 10" tall cardboard round the inside of the bars (just used cable ties to keep it in place) and have very deep substrate - this takes about 9" off the height of the cage basically - raises everything up so the floor level is higher.

I would get another syrian though
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote